TGE is a gender equality accelerator program for participating companies of the UN Global Compact. Through facilitated performance analysis, capacity-building workshops, peer-to-peer learning, and multi-stakeholder dialogue at the country-level, Target Gender Equality will support companies engaged with the UN Global Compact in setting and reaching ambitious corporate targets for women’s representation and leadership, beginning at Board and Executive Management levels.
Companies participating in Target Gender Equality have the opportunity to deepen their implementation of the Women’s Empowerment Principles and strengthen their contribution to Sustainable Development Goal 5.5, which calls for equal women representation, participation, and leadership in business globally. Companies will be equipped with the latest data and research supporting the business case for gender equality and gain insights from UN partners and experts on how to accelerate progress on gender equality.
HOW DOES TARGET GENDER EQUALITY BENEFIT MY COMPANY?
Among several long and short-term benefits, particpating in the Program will enable your company to:
- Confidently set ambitious and realistic corporate targets for gender equality demonstrating commitment and action to your employees, investors, and other stakeholders.
- Understand your current gender equality performance through the facilitated use of the Women’s Empowerment Principles Gender Gap Analysis Tool.
- Engage in accelerated learning opportunities specific to your country context.
- Build a network of peers, UN partners, and experts to support your gender equality strategy and work collectively to tackle persistent barriers to gender equality.
- Showcase women in your company who are driving business success, sustainability, and contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Hear why you should join TGE today!
TAKE ACTION! APPLY TODAY!